Saturday, September 10, 2011

ABSTRACT ALBUM REVIEWS/ The Carter IV


So since I did a review on "Watch the Throne" It was only fitting that I took a Listen to "The Carter IV"

After Listening to Wayne's Latest Lp I will some it up in One Word: Good. Let me explain:

The Carter 1 was Awesome, The Carter 2 was weak & The Carter 3 was TERRIBLE!!!

The Issue with Wayne's albums has been the same; DOPE SINGLES BUT WEAK SONGS!!!

The Carter IV Surprised me... I found that I was able to Listen to songs that were not singles and his beat selection was much much better than the Last 2 Lps! Again, Wayne has always had Awesome singles but his album tracks are usually Garbage! Now the Carter 4 is FAR from a Classic- its not even Great (How could it be great when the best tracks on the album don't even have him on them?! ex. interlude & Outro) but a few tracks really spoke to me!!! "Nightmares of the Bottom" and "How to Hate" are awesome and "Abortion" Is INSANE!!!

Tracks Like "MegaMan" and "Blunt Blowin" are weak but they even have some cool Punchlines! Speaking of Punchlines: WAYNE'S PUNCHLINES ON THIS ALBUM ARE CRAAAAZY!!! I would have to say that this album houses his best Punchlines ever... "I'm a Diamond in the Ruff Like a Baby in the Trash" "I'm Good- I'm 1 hunnid Like a Fastball!" "I brought a brand new attitude... The hate is music to me- IVE GOT MY DANCING SHOES!!!" "Sometimes you question things that there are no answers to- But I just Brought a House on I DONT GIVE A FUCK AVENUE!!!" SHEESH I even Like the fact that he went left and did a track like "How to Love"

All in all "The Carter IV" is a pretty good Lp. Not Great and FAR From a Classic but... A pretty good Lp

In this era of music you take what you can get!!! Real Hiphop Heads Know what I Mean!!!

This ABSTRACT ALBUM Review was brought to you by:

Bill Nearn Jr.
@BillyABSTRACT

"ALWAYS THINK ABSTRACT"

No comments:

Post a Comment