Thursday, September 8, 2011

Just my thoughts...

So it’s about 11:30 am…I’m sitting here at work baffled by the fact that Dwayne Carter’s latest album has sold almost a million copies in the first week of sales in the year of 2011. Am I surprised because its Wayne? No, not at all. I’m surprised because in this digital age we live in, one of the top artist would be blessed to have two albums combine to go GOLD. In 2011 Gold is the new Platinum as far as record sales go. I’m 23...and I still buy albums. People younger than me have probably never had an album on cassette lol. I remember buying Ghetto Fabolous & the Blueprint on 9/11 2001….that was 10 years ago…10 years later people do not buy albums…but simply wait for bloggers who wish to direct traffic to post them. The blame for this can solely be placed upon Sean Parker. Napster destroyed the music industry single handedly. But in my opinion without Napster, there would not have been a platform for ITunes, or any other music sharing app or software. .Do you blame him or thank him? Without him there would possibly not be a iPod…could you imagine living without an iPod?

@edgetbread

No comments:

Post a Comment