Monday, August 8, 2011

Abstract Thinkers: Chase Allen



For this installment of "Abstract Thinkers", I had to do some chasing down of West Philly, hip-hop artist Chase Allen. It was a No-Brainer to have him for this post, First I believe he is one of the best lyricist to come out of philly in past few years, Second to me he represents a form of hip-hop which has been washed out for a while "RAW Lyricism", and Third he just happens to be one of our sponsored artist lol. The Kid is DOOOOOOPE!(Check Out Our Dope Tank)Without further interruption, I present the exclusive Q&A with Chase Allen. Grrrr!


1. So who exactly is Chase Allen?
-I am a hip hop artist from West Philadelphia, dedicated and devoted to music and willing to risk everything in pursuit of my dreams!

2. As the self proclaimed “leader of the new school”….. Why do you feel as though you are obligated to put out a certain level of “music” for those who follow you?

-I feel like a lot of hip hop is not original, I strive to make music that's true to me and true to my surroundings. I don't like following what's trending and what everyone else is going for. I just make what feels good, things that I can relate to. I'm not into making cheesy misleading music.


3. What influence has losing you father and grandparents played on who you are as a artist?

-Me losing my father and not being able to have grandparents were unfortunate for me, it's kind of bitter sweet because the pain within me from not having a father allows me to really express myself thru my lyrics and me not knowing my grandparents allows me to imagine what it would be like to have things I've never had. I really can't explain it but I make music that grandparents can listen to, it kinda feels like they're all watching me and that's what makes most of my lyrics so respectful probably ha.


4. What type of music do you listen to?

-I listen to a lot of oldies, I listen to the isley brothers, jeffrey osborne, all types of music. I also listen to kanye and jay and nas; but not too much cuz I don't want them to influence my music and then I lose my originality lol


5. What’s an interesting fact about you?

-Sometimes when I'm home watching tv I grab the remote control during commercials and use it as a microphone and secretly go over show sets.


6. As one of your Sponsors…… Whats does Abstract Thought Tshirt Co. represent to you?

-Abstract thought represents hard work to me. They're business men and are very intelligent. I can truly say that they have their priorities straight and are dedicated dream getters not chasers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcsK22al_aU&feature=player_embedded


*CHASE ALLEN

TWITTER:
http://twitter.com/#!/iamchaseallen

FACEBOOK:
http://www.facebook.com/IamChaseAllen

WEBSITE:
http://www.iamchaseallen.com/

...........................................................

"ALWAYS THINK ABSTRACT"

CHRIS GRIZZLY
@GRINDN_GRIZZLY

No comments:

Post a Comment