Monday, August 1, 2011

Abstract Thinkers: KID SUBLIME


Kid Sublime, Amsterdam based producer, is a close friend of mine and an awesome producer. From the very first time I heard a track I was hooked. His music is a mixed of neo-soul and hip-hop. I had the opportunity to get in touch with him for a brief Q &A. So here ya go! Grrrrr!

1. What category of music would you place your works in?

-Everything I produce is soulful... from my house tracks, hip-hop tracks, and the ballads I write...so I guess its Soulmusic...


2. How is you music different from other in your genre?

-I do a lot of different things..House records, rap records, ballads...it's definitely funky and soulfull...the production has a basement edge to it, since my studio has been in a basement for 11 years..LOL!!


3. Wht is you creative process?

-On a production level...I usually go find a good record to work with, put it in my MPC 3000 and take it from there. I play a lot of keys, drums, and I sing the hooks.

On a songwriting level...the song kinda comes to me...while playing my piano. It feels like a spiritual thing to me.


4. What's something about you that your fans might not know?

-Ummm... I stopped smoking weed for 3 years!! LOL!!... I'm also working on my singer/songwriter album...just me and my piano.


5. As a musician who did you look up to from your childhood?

-Definitely Van Morrison, James Taylor, Herbie Hancock, Miles Davis....man...tooo much!!!


6. What 2 tracks are the most played on your ipod?

-On my shuffle there a few albums now...alotta rap records to ride my bike to; Midnight Marauders (Tribe Called Quest), Stakes is High (Dela Soul), Doggy Style (Snoop), Daily Operation (GangStarr), and Sylk 130 (King Britt)


7. Who are some of the artist which you have worked with?

-Lady Alma, Camp Lo, Frank N Dank, Defari, illa Jay, Nicky Guilland from Heavy,U-Gene...


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=euFtCb4r4Sg


KID SUBLIME*

GoldenChildRecordings

The Whoomp Studios

BESTEVAERSTRAAT 17-3 1056 HE AMSTERDAM, THE NETHERLANDS

TEL. : +31(0) 647300900

BLACKBERRY PIN:2160CF5A

TWITTER:

www.twitter.com/KIDSUBLIME

FACEBOOK:

www.facebook.com/KIDSUBLIME


............................................


"ALWAYS THINK ABSTRACT"


CHRIS GRIZZLY

@GRINDN_GRIZZLY

No comments:

Post a Comment